Sunday, March 8, 2015

Color Club (holographic) Eternal Beauty & Halo-Graphic .. Ciate Main Stage & Talent Scout

Fortunately, once again, today's manicure is designed by my boyfriend. I apparently have a really horrible sense of colors and am feeling fairly uninspired on my own.

This manicure includes two linear holographic polishes--if you are not familiar with the term, just you wait! Here's hoping for some Spring soon!

A few years back, linear holographic polishes were hard to come by until Color Club made it far more attainable (and budget friendly!) Outside of Layla and other indie brands, I'm not too familiar with any other lines with such a wide choice of colored holographics, though feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

 I did something different with my manicure this week, so I'm going to try writing my reviews grouped together by which hand the colors are featured on most prominently.

Righty:
Halo-Graphic is a linear holographic red-toned pink polish--and one of many that Color Club has to offer. This applied beautifully and completely opaque in two coats. This pink leans a little bit too red for my skin tone, so I don't particularly love it on me, but it does apply like a dream--far better than the very expensive Layla's (they drag and leave bald spots like crazy). This was a breeze to put on.
Talent Scout is a basic dark purple creme polish. All of my Ciate's are minis, so it's not the easiest thing to apply, though the brushes are decent. It's very pretty and most definitely needs two coats for full opaqueness.
Halo-Graphic and Talent Scout in the shade. Le yawn.
BAM DIRECT LIGHTING. Halo-Graphic in it's full glory ... and Talent Scout.

Lefty:
Eternal Beauty is a light purple linear holographic polish. It is super mega beautiful. Again, it applies like an absolute dream and is essentially opaque in one coat, but it's worth two coats just to make sure!
Main Stage is a hot pink, but not super neon-y. Applies pretty similarly to Talent Scout in that it also needs two coats for opaqueness and is pretty standards as far as application goes.
Eternal Beauty and Main Stage in the shade. Oh ok.
KAPOW Eternal Beauty in direct rainbow-fabulous lighting and Main Stage.

Here are some bonus pictures of my final (nail art-ed) product. This was an attempt at smaller to larger dots.

Lookit dem rainbowy lines.

Eternal Beauty and Halo-Graphic are both wonderfully beautiful polishes and are amazing during the Summer. They apply like a dream and are perfectly ready to dazzle in just two coats. These are what I like to call 'be careful not to get in an accident while you're driving because you're actually just wiggling your fingers back and forth in the sun and staring' polishes. These two polishes are part of Color Club's wonderfully extensive Halo Hues line and can be purchased directly from their website for $10/0.5 fl oz bottle. Overall not too shabby. For me, holographics are a must-have and these are just phenomenal.

 Talent Scout and Main Stage are two perfectly pretty basic creme polishes which I am glad to have in my collection. They were a little bit on the trickier side to apply, but I'm assuming it's because all of the Ciate polishes that I own are minis from the holiday advent calendars. WHICH by the way, I reccommend to EVERYONE after the holidays have passed. They have a combo of 25 (I think? Sorry---Jew has no clue how an advent calendar actually works) polishes, glitters, and nail art topper-type things, usually around $30-$40 during Sephora's after holiday sale. The full size polishes can be bought from Sephora for $15/0.45 fl oz. The minis go for $8/0.17 fl oz--which, if you own as many polishes as I do is plenty. The bottles are super cute, the full size ones have little bows on them, certainly worth owning a couple if you feel like splurging (or waiting for Sephora clearance sales!)

No comments:

Post a Comment