Saturday, February 28, 2015

butter London: Slapper, HRH, Henley Regatta, Indigo Punk

Once again working on a Saturday and, unfortunately, left to my own devices, I picked my polish for this manicure, so I'm less than thrilled with the turnout. I was skipping through my butter London's, which I own a ton of cause I love London...and I found way too many polishes that I wanted to use.

At least I've had a chance to swatch them now, because butter London's are truly truly stunning (and I have four less completely unopened polishes now...)

The overall result is, in my opinion, a little bit of a hot mess, but I am not the artistically inclined one, I just paint the nails...


Translation: Blame my boyfriend for this mess.
Slapper is a turquoise creme polish. It definitely leans more green than blue and it is beautiful. My swatches have two coats of Slapper; it is definitely necessary to have two coats for full coverage, as most polishes do. I just love love love this polish.

HRH is a shimmer purple polish. The shimmer is very fine ... light purple-y? I don't know, I'm awful at describing things. It applied pretty poorly, which was surprising, since butter London is generally fantabulous. This required three coats, and I was so glad to be putting glitter on top because it was not smooth. You can, however, most definitely see the shimmer and it makes the polish look glow-y so, HRH, you have been redeemed!

Two coats of Slapper and three coats of HRH (ring/accent finger).

 IndigoPunk is, well, an indigo glitter. To be more descriptive, it's a blue leaning purple glitter.  It's a pretty standard glitter, but with a 50/50 mix of small and ever so slightly bigger pieces. Very pretty. One coat applies very sparsely, but it is amazingly buildable. My swatch has three layers, total and it looks pretty good.

Henley Regatta is at first glance a simple 'turquoise-ish' glitter. However, on closer inspection, this is one of those truly breathtaking glitters that butter London has to offer! This polish is actually very fine green and blue glitter, which gives it the far away appearance of turquoise with little flecks of blue popping through. I cannot wait to use this glitter again.

Slapper topped with three coats of Indigo Punk and HRH with one coat of Henley Regatta.



Here are a couple of [shoddy] close-ups so you can see the glitter a little bit better. Also, please please please forgive my horrible cleanup job and, as it turns out, really gross fingers!

HRH with one coat of Henley Regatta. Baby, you so fine.
Slapper with three coats of Indigo Punk.

Slapper is absolutely beautiful and a must have! I lusted after this lovely for a loooong time before I just gave in and bought it and I am most definitely not disappointed in owning this loose lady!

HRH is a super beautiful color, as are all butter London polishes, but something tells me I'd live without it. I'm not super attached to purples even though this color really is quite amazing, but I'm just not thrilled with the way it applied. It seemed almost dried out and clumpy even though I've never opened the bottle before. It was hard to work with, though a little polish thinner may help with that.

Indigo Punk is just okay for me. It's very pretty, but I feel like there's probably a really easy to find dupe for it out there somewhere, there's nothing special about it--whereas MOST butter London glitters are breath-taking.

The real stand out for me here is most definitely Henley Regatta. Just ... wow. When I originally took this polish out, I thought it was one color until I got it into better lighting this morning and it just absolutely blew my mind. My only regret is that it's so minimally featured in this manicure as it is stunning. Along with HRH it positively glows. Own this polish.

butter London polishes cost about $15/0.4 fl oz. These bottles are smaller than the average polish and they are a bit on the pricey side, however you can definitely find really good sales. Most of mine are from Ulta's 2 for $15 sales, which come along, at least a couple of times each year. There are so many other beauties that I recommend from butter London, and I'll be sure to swatch them ASAP!

On a final and quick note before I sign off, I would like to introduce and thank my wonderful ghost-bloggers, though it is possible that they mostly monitor (hyuck hyuck) the writing process.
Pikachu and Spike

No comments:

Post a Comment