Monday, February 16, 2015

Sinful Colors Rain Storm and Cult Cosmetics House of Blues

For my Valentine's nails I went with a little bit of blue on blue, cause, of course! I had an urge to use a glowy blue-type polish, which is where House of Blues came into play, but after seeing a NY Fashion Week done by Essie on instagram, I went with the design that is featured below!



Rain Storm is a deep gray-muted-blue. What? I'm not very good at describing colors. It really does look like the sky on a stormy day. As with all Sinful Colors polishes (I may do a massive SC swatch post in the near future), this polish is wonderful. It covered completely in one coat and was so damn shiny that my lousy camera just couldn't handle it.
Lookit the shiny. The color isn't 100% accurate, it's a little bit more gray in person.
Rain Storm with NYC matte top coat, Matte Me Crazy. This top coat is okay, I haven't tried a more expensive matte coat, so I don't have anything for comparison, but I think it works pretty well.

House of Blues probably isn't fairly represented here, since I used it so minimally, however, it's sufficiently glowy to appease my needs. It's a deep cobalt blue (god, I hope I'm describing colors correctly) with sooooooo blue shimmer. Oh and if I didn't mention...THIS GUY GLOWS.
Lookit how fancy. I kind of love this look.

Rain Storm is a very pretty muted blue and I love how it applies. Every Sinful Colors polish that I own is completely 100% worth it. They are insanely cheap at $1.99/0.5 fl oz bottle. I haven't bought any sort of drugstore nail polishes lately, so I'm not sure how often these go on sale, but when I bought these, they were ALWAYS on sale for 99 cents, or BOGO free from Walgreens. Worth. It.

House of Blues is a very pretty polish in an adorable bottle. This is my first venture into this brand. I bought 6 of them during a buy one get 2 free sale, which apparently happens very often, so hold out until there's a sale! One thing I did notice about this polish, which reminded me that I had read something about it before making the purchase is that the polish smells kind of odd. I got a very nail polish/sweet cake-y kind of scent, which was bizarre, though forgivable as it doesn't linger once the bottle is closed. These retail for $9.99/...bottle? I could not find a size on this bottle anywhere or on their website, but it looks fairly normal sized, so my guess is somewhere around the 0.5 fl oz. HOWEVER, if you wait for a sale, you're basically  getting 3 for $10, which is very reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment