Saturday, February 7, 2015

Sinful Colors GoGo Girl

Thanks to the wonderful snow, I lost my previous manicure very quickly to shoveling. I walked around shamefully unpainted and it pretty much destroyed my nails, so I'm on the shorter side as you'll soon see.

My boyfriend had colors all picked out for me, I just had to sit on my lazy butt and paint! For some reason, though, I got an odd and extremely rare desire for red nails. I'm not a red person as I don't think it does my complexion justice, so pickings were slim, but a while ago, I was drawn to this one particular red that's a permanent member of the Sinful Colors line--GoGo girl.

Disclaimer: Most of my drugstore polishes are from Sinful Colors and I own about as many of those as I do China Glaze and definitely more than Essies. The formula on all of them is incredible, they're all basically opaque in one coat, they apply wonderfully and they are so incredibly cheap! GET. THEM. The more interested in nail polish I became, the less often I bought drugstore colors. In fact, I don't buy any anymore. Except for these.

That being said...

GoGo Girl is a mix between a creme and a jelly. It is pretty much opaque with a little bit of visible nail line after just one coat, however, it has all of the shiny, like a jelly. It's definitely more of a blue-leaning red. (I think that's the right terminology? By no means do I have any understanding of how color works.) It's a true-bright-red. And oh so shiny.
One coat of GoGo Girl. You can see the ridiculous shine that it has on it's own, and it does look pretty opaque, though definitely needs a second coat.


Two coats. Not sure why this picture turned out to be a blurry mess, but you can still very  clearly see how frickin' shiny this polish is and how much more vibrant the color is with two coats. If my fingers are directly in your face, as they so often are, you can still see the littlest bit of visible nail line, however this is definitely good enough coverage if you're not jabbing people's eyes out with your fingers.
Three coats for science--and eye pokin'! I also decided to try being creative with the random clearance Sally Hansen gems I found at target forever ago. This also has 2 coats of INM out the door, and as you can see...such jelly shine!
An extra picture of my nails this morning. I'm actually enjoying how this looks with my shorter nails. I've been contemplating how happy I am with the random gem placement I decided on, however, my boyfriend believes it looks like a fancy finger necklace. So...okay!

Overall, you must own this polish. Just as you must own every Sinful Colors polish.This red is perfection. It's vibrant and shiny and fun! It applies beautifully and hardly even requires two coats. Not that you'd ever dream of it, but you could get away without a top coat--it's that shiny on it's own. Don't ever do this or you'll chip immediatelyrightnow and it's too good to lose.

GoGo Girl and every other Sinful Colors nail polish can be found in Walgreens, which is where I've always gotten mine, or some Wal-Marts now. These wonders are only $1.99 for a 15mL/0.5 fl oz bottle. However, Walgreens always has BOGO free/99 cents each or BOGO 50% sales, so I've never paid more than $1 each, which is really incredible.

DO IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment