Monday, February 2, 2015

Chanel Azure and Essie Peak of Chic

I've been enjoying simpler manicures lately, which is going to be the perfect way to get through all of my unopened glitter polishes.

I've also been noticing that I'm not a fan of the color schemes I end up picking out for myself, so have permanently passed the job to my boyfriend. He just has a better eye for colors than I do.

This week I bring to you Chanel Azure with a couple of accent fingers covered in Essie's Peak of Chic.

I would like to preface these swatches by saying that Chanel nail polishes (and makeup--really anything from this brand) are pretty steeply priced, however I received this polish for my 25th birthday last year from my boyfriend. No wonder I have over 400 bottles... Someone wonderful is enabling me. Hmm.

Anywho, take a look at this beauty, which really is worth every penny.


Azure is one of the more popular Chanel shades, I believe--and with good reason. It's a beautiful teal to deep blue duo-chrome polish. This polish does apply pretty nicely, though not as impressively as some of the other higher-priced brands I've tried. However, it's decently opaque in one coat, and just...impossible not to stare at.

One coat and you can already see that incredible color shift!
Two coats. *stare*
Three coats from two different angles. Am I the only one who wears duo-chromes and just stares as I wiggle my fingers back and forth? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, talk about distracted driving.
Next is my few fancy accent fingers, coated in amazing Essie Peak of Chic. I always adore bar glitters in the bottle, but not so much when they're on, so I own a ton that I never use. However, I think this polish is changing my tune.

Peak of Chic is a white and holographic bar glitter polish. I'd say the mix for this polish is probably 2/3 white and 1/3 holographic and boy is it perfect. It's wintery and fuzzy looking all in one!

This polish applies a little bit draggy as most glitters do, so you will have to do a little bit of blotting. I ended up with two coats and then dabbing around to fill in some bald spots, but the effect is worth it and it dried pretty quickly.

Enjoy my creepy close ups.
One coat.
Two and a half-ish coats.
My current nail situation from two angles cause TWO COLORS WAT.





Azure and any other Chanel nail polishes you may need are available at Chanel's website or from Nordstrom (online and in-store) for $27/0.4 oz. This is not a price tag for the faint of heart. I don't think I could ever justify buying one for myself, however, I am extremely glad (and lucky!!) that I own this.

Peak of Chic is a far more attainable beauty for around $8/.46 oz bottle from any drugstore such as CVS or Walgreens.

My final verdict on both of these polishes is YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment