Sunday, January 25, 2015

Zoya Prim and jindie nails a history of violets

I decided to kill two birds with one stone this week and use two of my untried polishes. Fortunately I have an insane amount of glitter toppers that I've never tried before. Keeps my manicure's interesting.

Today we'll be taking a look at Zoya's Prim and an indie brand I discovered during an amazing 50% off Black Friday sale--Jindie Nails!

I'm starting to really love glitter toppers, especially with lots of ridiculous glitter sizes/combos; it makes for super awesome nail art without me having to try.

Let's take a look...

Prim is a lavender chrome polish from Zoya's 2014 winter collection "Wishes". It is ever so slightly brush-strokey, which honestly...I think is inevitable with chrome finish polishes and this was really nothing compared to other chromes I've seen.


This polish applies really beautifully and is definitely a one coater--amazing--though for sanity's sake, I used two.

One coat of Prim. Certainly doesn't require a second, buuuuut...
Two coats. For science! Really can't even see the difference.

Now, A History of Violets is a ridiculously amazingly fantastical glitter polish. Just every glitter ever is in here. I look at each of my individual nails and basically none have the same shaped glitter on them. I did one coat, and wasn't pleased with the lack of ridiculousness, but wound up satisfied with two coats. Naturally, these swatches required seeing both hands so you don't miss a thing!

*Disclaimer: Please forgive my godawful pictures, I need a damn camera that's not on my iPhone.

Presented without comment. Just take it all in.

1 coat:

2 coats:

and because how could I not... here's a bottle shot.



For my next trick, I will try to accurately describe this glitter!

Okay, I give up already. There are pink, white, purple, and very very fine holographic and iridescent small glitters, then some ... square glitters, and some chunks of rectangles, triangles, circles, hexagons, stars (WAT) JUST EVERYTHING IT'S SO AWESOME. 

Overall, these are both great polishes.
Prim, as well as all other Zoya polishes (which I love) are available at Zoya.com as well as some retailers for $9/0.5 fl oz.

A History of Violets can be found at jindienails.com for $9.25/0.5 fl oz bottle. At time of writing, it appears to be sold out, as do a lot of the other polishes, but do yourself a favor and just take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment