Sunday, January 11, 2015

Deborah Lippmann, "The Mermaids"

So as you'll start to figure out, I am super cheap. Coupons and sales are my best friend. I do own quite a bit of (what I consider to be) high-end/expensive nail polish that I would NEVER pay full price for. When I hear about a good sale, I have no self control, I must jump on it.

This sentiment ESPECIALLY applies to Deborah Lippmann polishes. If you're patient, you can find pretty amazing deals through her site, or when Sephora has 20% off sales.

Basically all Deborah Lippmann polishes are amazingly gorgeous, unique, fabulous, and worth every penny!

My main goal with this blog is to motivate myself to actually use the polish that I own. It's hard to use everything when you buy 5+ colors at once.

Today, I finally cracked open a couple of Deborah Lippmann's "The Mermaid" collection.

Tonight, I've used Mermaid's Dream with Mermaid's Kiss as an accent nail.

Mermaid's Dream is a light blue/turquoise chrome-like base with bright blue and very obvious gold micro glitter. It also has a mixture of bold and lighter blue big round glitter pieces. This is the most popular shade of the collection (or at least I assume as this is the only one available in Sephora and most other stores...)

Mermaid's Kiss is a pink chrome-type base with pink and very obvious gold micro glitter. It also has light blue and hot pink (almost red) big round glitter pieces. I love the extra depth that the hot pink gives to this shade.

One coat. Mermaid's Dreams, Mermaid's Kiss (ring finger)


Two coats.
Three coats. Not entirely necessary, but definitely adds depth and opaqueness.
Three coats with two coats of INM Out The Door top coat.
L - Mermaid's Dream, R - Mermaid's Kiss
 So far I am loving this collection. I bought all of them on sale--except for the orange color, as those shades usually don't do my pasty/red skin-tone justice.

They applied smoothly, though do dry with a little bit of grit, as is expected of glitter polishes. Even after two coats of INM, this isn't entirely smooth, though I do tend to apply thinner coats so it doesn't pool in my cuticles. However, personally, I consider this to be a little bit of a top coat eater. Nom nom nom.

These polishes retail for $20/0.5 mL and you can purchase them from DeborahLippmann.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment