Friday, January 2, 2015

A reason to blog; ilnp multichromes

The real reason that I wanted to start blogging, aside from what I mentioned in my previous post, is the new ilnp.com multichrome collection. I saw someone post a swatch of one of the colors on instagram and immediately died.

I searched and searched for swatches, and was only able to find a few results, seeing as how they're still pretty new.

Because I have the most wonderful boyfriend in the universe, he bought 7 of them for me for my birthday!

These beauties are 0.4 Fl. Oz (12 mL) and come in at $12.50 each. This is pretty steep, in my opinion, especially for an indie, but these polishes are WORTH. EVERY. PENNY.

Posting my swatches (and reviews) after the jumpie jump.

For all of my swatches, I applied 1 coat, 2 coats, and then matte top coat (cause obviously).

Gaia

Gaia  has the best coverage in my opinion. This was the first one that I tried, and I was pleasantly surprised with how well it covered. There was also very little drag--if any. For me, this polish changed from green to teal to dark blue. I was most worried about this polish not having a lot of multichrome effect, but boy was I wrong. Beautiful.
At 2 coats, it was relatively opaque, though you can see a little nail through, however, I found the polish so shiny that it wasn't really noticeable. If you're looking for truly truly opaque, I'd go with 3 coats on this, and all the others.







Supernova
Supernova is extremely similar to Gaia. The main difference is the purple/pink flecks. So, I'd say it leans teal to dark blue to purple with pink. To me, this polish would definitely want to have 3 coats for full opaqueness, but it's still stunning. Again, not a lot of dragging and terrific multichrome effect.

Neon Rosebud
Neon Rosebud is another beauty and another one of my favorites. The colors lean from hot pink to yellow to green. Definitely got some pretty good coverage, though would've preferred a third coat of this. As you can see, the multichrome effect is pretty strong and actually stayed pretty visible through the matte topcoat.

Electric Carnival
The real difference between Electric Carnival and Neon Rosebud is that Electric Carnival is a little bit more orange-based. This still leans from (orangey) pink to gold to green, though. This would definitely need three coats for full opacity, but as with all of the others, I love it.

Luna
Luna is beautiful. When my boyfriend looked through all of the bottles, he proclaimed that this one is his favorite and so this will be my manicure for the week. This polish leans blue to purple to green. I think you can really see it in my swatches, it is absolutely insane. This had very good coverage at 2 coats as well. So impressive all around.

Phoenix

Phoenix is another shade that had me worried, because it is almost impossible to see any differences between it and Luna in the bottle. Fortunately, they are actually  very different shades. This was a little bit harder to capture, but I think I did it justice, considering I'm still using my iPhone to take pictures. (Perhaps time to invest in a real digital camera...) This polish leans pink/purple with orange flecks to gold. Quite a nice sunset-y feeling combo.


Brilliance
Lastly, but most certainly not least we have Brilliance. This polish was a breath of fresh air to me! I typically order blues and purples (duh) and this was the only color that I received that didn't seem to be a dupe for any of the others. This polish leans gold (to rose gold in some lighting if you're lucky) to green to blue. Probably could've used a third coat, but again, when this polish is shiny, it's hardly noticeable that there are still some bald spots.






Overall, the formula on all of these polishes is fantastic. There was little to no drag, as is often a problem with glitter polishes. For the most part, you could definitely get away with 2 coats for full opacity, though I'd imagine these are stunning over a base color as well.

I highly recommend these to anyone and everyone, so if you'd like to take a look, head over to ilnp.com My must-haves would definitely be Gaia, Neon Rosebud, and ... really every single one of them!

2 comments:

  1. Luna. <3 I want! But I can't have. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wearing it right now it's amazing. I'll send you some for your birthday. Or a wedding present. You'll need it in your married life.

    ReplyDelete