Wednesday, March 18, 2015

ilnp Spring 2015 - Mega (S), Timeless Vow, Happily Ever After, and Hush

Today I have half of my most recent ilnp.com order. I've decided to separate them because these 4 were pre-orders from the new Spring collection, whereas the other 4 are just more of the incredible amazing flakies. I'll try to swatch those next.

Before I begin, I'd like to just make a very brief statement about the CC info breach that Barbra (owner/creator of ilnp) has experienced. She had issues in February, hired techs, beefed up security, and still experienced a breach again during her major pre-order sale. My card info was compromised, though I had absolutely no hassle with my bank to get everything sorted, so I'm honestly not too bothered about it.
 I would like to say, however, that upon finding out it was happening to her the first time and again this time, Barbra personally contacted everyone [potentially] effected, explained what happened, apologized, and ultimately decided to only accept paypal in the future because she doesn't want to put her customers in that position again. I will 100% purchase from her again. She handled everything with so much respect that I couldn't possibly ask for more from a person or a company.

That out of the way, let's get to the purdies.
Mega (S) is a 'roided up version of the original Mega. It is a silver linear holographic glitter and it is for srs. It applies beautifully and is fully opaque in three coats (which seems to be the consensus for this brand). I own a couple of other linear holographic silvers, but I have a feeling once I compare, they'll be going in the trash.
Three coats of Mega (S) in direct lighting.



Ooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Indirect lighting.



Timeless Vow is a muted grey green/blue with very visible little gold/burnt orange flecks in it. Super beautiful. When I originally saw swatches, I was worried it'd be similar to something I already owned until I saw a swatch that showed that it is a linear holographic! In the bottle, it's not very obvious and I was disappointed until I put this wonder on. Oh man. Opaque in three coats.
Timeless Vow in direct lighting.
Indirect lighting. You can kiiiinda see the gold/orange flecks.
Probably the most useless picture I've ever taken. I tried really hard to get a closeup of those flecks. You can see them if you squint hard enough.


Happily Ever After is also much different than what I was expecting based on pictures I'd seen before ordering, however I am pretty sure it's my favorite of the four. (JK they're all my favorite!) It's hard to describe, it's a pale rose/silver glitterbomb of a polish that is completely opaque in a shocking two coats. It reminds me of a broken mirror because it's large silver chunks of super reflective glitter. Again, it is magically holographic.
Happily Ever After in direct lighting. Two coats.
Happily Ever After in indirect lighting. Sopurdy. You can pretty much see my reflection in it!


Hush is the most unique of the polishes that I ordered this time around. It is an incredibly gorgeous multi-chrome. It is completely opaque in three coats and shifts between blue and purple. Sssssooo pretty, I kind of need every multi-chrome that ilnp offers now.

It's basically impossible to only see one color in this polish.

Of the four polishes that I ordered, and there are oh so many more, Mega (S) is a must have. Tell your other silver linear holographics to shove over and make room. Timeless Vow is beautiful but probably my least favorite of this group, Happily Ever After is my absolute favorite and a beautiful necessity, and Hush is a close runner up for favorite--need all the multi-chromes!

The price for all of these (and most holographics/multi-chromes, from what I can see) are $10 for a 0.4 fl oz bottle. Slightly smaller than your average big business polish, but not bad for an indie brand and so so worth every single penny!

Go to ilnp.com and buy all of the pretties!

No comments:

Post a Comment