Sunday, March 15, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day! China Glaze Unpredictable and Sinful Colors Green Ocean

It's that time of year again! Green manicures for St. Patrick's Day. I do absolutely nothing for St. Patrick's day other than have green bagels, green donuts, green ... all the cakes, basically.

I also love this time of year because it reminds me of my 2 year old struggle to find Sinful Colors' Green Ocean, which is part of their (yearly) limited edition St. Patrick's Day display. It took me that long to find a bottle anywhere, and believe me, I went to a good 10+ Walgreens each year until I finally found it! And freaked out and bought like 3 bottles so I'd never run out ever.

That being said, I requested that my boyfriend find a color that he likes with Green Ocean. Frankly, I don't think this mani does it justice, but it was interesting to use it over something other than your typical black.

Unpredictable was part of China Glaze's "Bohemian" collection in 2012. They were basically all duo-chrome polishes. I own part of the collection, though not the whole thing as they didn't all wow me. I only like duo-chromes that have serious color shift, and this one definitely does! This polish goes from green to teal to blue. Very very pretty.

There was a smidgen of baldness after two coats, which was only noticeable since this manicure is meant to be wiggled around, so I went with 3 coats.
This glowy gold-ish green is the main resting color of Unpredictable.
Dat blue tho.
A pretty nice representation of all of the color shifting in this polish. So awesome.

Green Ocean is a beautiful blue-green [iridescent] flakie and glitter combo, which was always majorly ahead of it's time and gloriously priced. It sits in a slightly green-tinged base, though in my manicure, it did not really change the base color. Typically, over black, one to two coats usually does it for me, but since this was over green and it's much harder to see, I ended up going with three coats. It applies nicely, no bald spots, no rough patches, nothing popping up over my top coat. I. Love. It.

I tried to get this from as many angles as possible so you could see some of the color shift.
Over green, Green Ocean shows green, brown-ish, pinkish, and blue.
Over blue, Green Ocean shows blue, teal, turquoise, and in the right lighting, royal blue and glowy purple.


Unpredictable is a necessity in life (if you're a fan of multi-chrome polishes, as I am). I love the way my manicure just changes colors by moving my fingers around--which, by the way, is not super safe for driving. Oops. The polish goes on smooth, covers in three easy coats and is just magnificent. China Glaze polishes run about $7 at Ulta, but are usually a steady $5 if you go to beauty supply stores or from Amazon--for a standard 0.5 fl oz bottle.

China Glaze is most definitely one of my go-to brands. Cheap, beautiful color selection, and always consistently amazing formula.

Green Ocean is a MUST. HAVE. If you can find it and you like flakie polishes as much as I do, or you're venturing into them and don't want to spend tons of time/money on higher end brands finding them, this is the way to go. Sinful Colors brand is, again, insanely cheap at $1.99/0.5 fl oz bottle, plus they are ALWAYS on sale for 99 cents, or BOGO free from Walgreens. Every Sinful Colors purchase is worth every single penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment