Sunday, March 29, 2015

ilnp Cold Fusion

Happy Sunday! I decided to try one of the new ilnp flakies that I just purchased with my Spring 2015 pre-order.

All I can say is thank goodness for work-day Saturdays. When else would I get my nails done?

Cold Fusion is part of ilnp's amazing multi-chrome flakie line. ilnp just released basically all of there flakies with some added holo, but I decided to skip it. After experimenting a little bit, I feel that using China Glaze's Fairy Dust gives an extremely similar effect, and this way I can get holo or non-holo use out of these.

Today, I decided to go a little different than a solid flake nail, so went with a black base and a matte topcoat cause obvi. This polish is pretty great, just like the others. One coat has pretty amazing coverage, but I ended up with two for science. This is definitely not opaque, but I could see this going solid in three or four coats.

I was skeptical of ordering this as the bottle shots look pretty dull. It looks extremely dull in person as well. It's teal and if you roll the bottle around like crazy, you can kiiiiinda see blue and some faint purple in the corners. I am soooo glad I ordered this and tried it. It goes from teal to cobalt blue to a deep purple if your turn your fingers to just the right angle.

Two coats of Cold Fusion over a generic awful dollar store black base coat.
Another angle before mattifying this polish. You can very clearly see the blue and maaaybe hints of purple around the edges.
So pretty. You can really truly se all the colors at once.

And then we add matte top coat for [awesome] science.
You model that polish, nano-keet! You can finally see some of the purple on my pointer!



As someone who loves blue, Cold Fusion is a winner. I own quite a few of these flakies now with very good reason! The formula on all of these polishes is fantastic. There was little to no drag, as is often a problem with glitter polishes. This looks fantastic with two coats over a base polish, and would be pretty great with three or four on it's own.

Cold Fusion and the other multi-chrome flakies are $12.50/0.4 fl oz bottle. Perhaps a little bit steep, but still totally worth it. Check it out at ilnp.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment