Friday, April 3, 2015

Happy Passover - L'oreal Park Ave Luncheon / delicious matzah

Happy Passover, all! I've been seeing a lot of Easter nails and thought I'd be festive as well, so since I'm not going to be eating enough of it for the next week, here are some matzah nails!
L'oreal's Park Ave Luncheon is actually pretty much garbage. :| The texture and application were truly awful, though I'm not sure if all of their polishes are this way or if it's possibly something to do with it being a light color. It required three relatively thick coats for full opacity and generous help from my top coat to be smooth.

Three coats of Park Ave Luncheon without top coat. To be fair, my nails aren't in great shape, but ... blech.
A vast improvement with my coat of INM Out the Door top coat.

Now, I'm not even going to review the brown I used because it was just dotted onto my nails, but for this I used China Glaze Mahogany Magic mainly because it's the first brown I could find/probably the only brown that I own.

Here is my bland cardboard tasting nail art with 2 coats of NYC Matte Me Crazy matte top coat.
I love it!
Anyone up for some matzah pizza?

L'oreal polishes can be purchased from drugstores and Target for ~$5/0.39 fl oz bottle. Which is pretty pricey considering it's a much smaller bottle than standard and Park Ave Luncheon is absolute garbage. I bought it on clearance way back--don't ask me why, I hate nudes and I never wear light colors like this. Again, because I don't use light colors too often, I'm not sure if this is a blanket flaw in their formula or if L'oreal polishes just suck. I believe I own two other colors that are darker and more glittery, but this is my first experience actually using one, so I am pretty disappointed and will not be purchasing L'oreal again. Do not recommend.

Chag Sameach (Happy Passover) to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment