Monday, April 27, 2015

OPI Solitaire & Alcatraz; Zoya Chita

It's been a couple of weeks since I've painted my nails, and boy have they suffered for it! They are short and broken and sad.

I have been completely uninspired to paint my nails until tonight I finally decided I wanted a textured look and was watching The Little Mermaid. The rest is history.



OPI's Solitaire is a white textured polish from their 007 Liquid Sands collection. It's a white/silver-ish polish with fine silver glitter. This polish applies as nicely as any creme polish I've worked with. It's not patchy and is fully opaque in two coats.
Two coats of Solitaire.

Next, I sponged some of OPI's Alcatraz from their San Fransisco collection on top for a sexay purple shell bra. I won't really review the coverage on this polish since I purposely sponged on a very light coat. I love this polish, though, as it is very unique. Most textured polishes are one color, but this is a purple base color with purple, gold, and green glitter. So so so so beautiful.

Lastly, I made one hell of a fancy green tail with Zoya's Chita. This color is a deep forest-y green with green and gold glitter. It applied beautifully and definitely would only require one coat if you're generous enough. I can't get enough textured polish and I can't get enough Zoya. 'nuff said.
Top to bottom: Sponged Alcatraz, Solitaire, and Chita.
With flash to show some of the amazing glitter.

I haven't been too artistic or inspired in a while, so this is definitely one of my favorite manicures in quite some time. Plus, fun fact, The Little Mermaid is my favorite movie ever BECAUSE SHE IS A RED HAIRED PRINCESS LIKE ME! The end.

I highly recommend any and every textured polish that I've ever tried...which is basically limited to the OPI and Zoya's. Zoya is definitely a bit more textured than the OPI's particularly the newer holo-fairy dust ones (not reviewed here).

*OPI polishes are (about) $9/0.5 mL bottle at most retailers... I spend ~$6-$7 at Beauty Plus Salon.
*Zoya polishesare available at Zoya.com  for $9/0.5 fl oz... I spend ~$5 at Beauty Plus Salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment