Monday, April 13, 2015

Ciate Boom Box and Color Club Lady Liberty

Today's manicure is designed around Color Club's Lady Liberty, which my boyfriend saw and decided was required.

Today's manicure will also formally introduce my fancy new (actual) camera! I've been ... managing to take 300 pictures and about 10 or so are good, so, brace yourselves for some detail!

The future is here...
Ciate's Boom Box is best described as an electric blue creme. It's nowhere near neon, but it's a very bright blue. It dries to an ever-so-slightly satin finish and is opaque with two generous coats.

Two coats of Boom Box with no top coat. Very shiny, very pretty!
Color Club's Lady Liberty is a very very fine glowing green micro glitter. For srs, this polish GLOWS. I was debating what color to put this over and I'm so glad I went with this blue, it makes me feel like a mermaid princess! For these swatches, I only used one coat and it is definitely plenty. My guess would be that two coats would be a little too overwhelming and drown out the base color just a bit.
Direct lighting of  one coat Lady Liberty over two coats of Boom Box. Such detail!
More direct light.


Fancy Shmancy indrect lighting. WHAT THIS GLITTER GLOWS.
Ohhhh maaaaan, this camera...and polish.
Gratuitous bottle shot because seriously, this stuff glows.



This is the second Ciate review I've done here, and I'm honestly not loving the way their polishes apply. It's definitely tricky, but I'm assuming it's because all of the Ciate polishes that I own are minis from the holiday advent calendars. Regardless, I do love this color. The full size polishes can be bought from Sephora for $15/0.45 fl oz. The minis go for $8/0.17 fl oz (which is more than enough).

It's hard for me to fairly review Color Club because I don't think I own a single "basic creme" polish of theirs. I own a handful of their glitters and a large chunk of their holos. For the most part, I love all of them. They apply nice and are very beautiful, but I think the reason I don't own too many of them is because nothing they have is particularly special. Lady Liberty sure is, though. Own it. Be a glowy mermaid princess with me. According to their website, Color Club poslishes run about $8.50/0.5 fl oz bottle (do not pay that, I have never paid that).

No comments:

Post a Comment