Friday, June 5, 2015

Splatter Nails! Brought to you by Sinful Colors.

This week's post isn't really a review of any polishes because I decided to try some nail art which makes it kind of difficult to tell the quality of the polish.

This super awesome splatter manicure was requested by none other than Mr. Boyfriend in honor of a new game that came out (that I stood in line to get for him last Friday)-- Splatoon!

I allowed him to pick whichever colors he wanted, since he wanted them to match the poster/game case, and they all turned out to be from my vast collection of Sinful Colors.


I may have used Snow Me White in other reviews before... it's a simple white base. It's cheap and opaque in 2 coats. I've never felt the need to own a more expensive white than this.

**Before you start, THIS IS A MUST. Go outside OR put down newspapers all over where you're sitting so you don't get polish everywhere... this is mess-tastic!**
First I'll show you my loverly pictures and then talk a little bit about how I achieved this look.

Splatoon splatter nails!

Splatter painting is a simple concept, and looks so simple in all the youtube videos, but was a little harder than I had expected. You pretty much just glob some polish onto a plate, dip your straw into it and then blow at your nails, leaving about a 4-6 inch distance, I'd say. Turns out, this did absolutely nothing. I found that I needed to kind of scoop/gather the polish into the straw and then blow extremely hard in fast spurts at my nails for anything to happen. After each blow, I'd have to scoop more polish, too. I won't lie, though, the results truly are phenomenal.

Another suggestion that I've seen and probably should've listened to was to line your nails with tape or vaseline (apparently also makes it easier to clean off), because clean up was ... quite a task. 10000000000000000000000000000% worth it, though.

 Colors used: Irish Green, Citrine, and Amethyst.

Again, Sinful Colors can be bought at Target, Walgreens, CVS, etc and go for $2/0.5 fl oz bottle, but are on sale all the damn time as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment